Tuesday, July 22, 2014

94 Mustang GT: Interior Parts and Fog Light Mod

I have made some progress with the interior!

Sun Visors:  
The sun visors were replaced with new ones.  I removed the molding going across the top of the windshield on the inside.  Then removed all the screws for the sun visors where they bolt to the windshield frame.  Then I unplugged the visor.  I ran new wires from the visor lights to the connection since the wires weren't long enough.  Installation was the reverse of the removal.  It was pretty simple actually.  While I was at it, I also routed the wire for the Valentine V1 Radar detector (it is hardwired) to hide the wire a bit better.  I also did the same with the microphone for the bluetooth.  

Door Cups:
The door cups on both sides were broken, cracked, chipped and generally in bad shape.  I picked up a set of 03 cobra convertible door cups and installed them.  It was pretty easy to pop out the old ones, remove the screw that holds the switches there, and install the new ones.  I had to be very careful not to break any of the tabs - those are really fragile!  

Fog Light Mod:
The fog lights cannot be turned on without the headlights being on.  This defeats the purpose of having fog lights.  Fog lights work best WITHOUT the headlights being on.  There is a modification you can do so that the fog lights work when the driving lights are on ( the setting just before the headlights come on). There is a great video on Youtube for this mod:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvQGD1Fq23Q

I followed the video exactly - it was pretty much the same for my 94 GT convertible.  Now I have fog lights with the parking lights on!  


No comments:

Post a Comment