Friday, March 23, 2018

2003 Cobra Terminator Wheel and Tire Upgrade

I had a set of American Muscle GT500 replica wheels and tires on my 94 GT.  A friend of mine asked if he could buy them off of me.  He was in need of tires and I made him a pretty good deal.  I then took the OEM wheels and tires off of my 2003 Cobra and put them on the 94 GT.  This freed up the Cobra for a very nice set of wheels! 

I did some shopping and eventually landed on Rovos Pretorias.  I was shopping during black Friday 2017 and the deals were VERY good at LMR.  I bought the satin Rovos Pretorias with Nitto NT555 G2 tires mounted.  The Pretorias are staggered, 18x9 in the front and 18x10.5 in the back.  This means I could finally get rid of the spacer in the rear! 

The tire sizes are 265/35/18 up front and 285/35/18 out back.  They look AWESOME on the car.  I had to do a little bit of grinding on the rear halfshaft stud to get the center cap of the rear wheel to fit, but that wasn't too bad of a task. 

One problem now - with the bigger wheels and tires, the Cobra stock ride height needs to be lowered.  There's a HUGE gap between the fender and the wheels now.  Next up will be the Eibach Pro Kit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment