Tuesday, August 16, 2016

1994 Mustang GT Condenser Upgrade - Correct Condenser

I'm finally done doing the condenser dance.  I bought 3 different condensers - one from Rock Auto, two from Amazon.  All of which were NOT the correct aluminum upgraded fin design - see my previous blog post about that.  Finally someone on the corral set me straight.  The part number for the condenser I now have is:  F7ZZ-19712-BA or YJ-396 or YJ396.  The tag on the condenser where the lines connect is F7ZH-19D734-CB - but I think that part number is for the adapter.  The adapter bolts to the condenser, and has the male fittings that connect to the lines.  This would allow the condenser to be used on various year cars by changing that adapter.

Here is a picture of the new CC1488 Radiator and the Condenser.  Below is a close up of the adapter for the condenser.





I was able to rent the vacume pump from Autozone.  Next step is to get started with the removal of the old parts and put in the new parts.  Something always seems to come up though - Hopefully I can get to the installation soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment