Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My journey into the Post PC Era: Shutting down the home PC

I figured that the best way to attack the process was to just dive right in. That being said, I shut down my home computer. I did exactly that. I shut it down, unplugged it and moved it into the closet. Then I put the keyboard and mouse right on top of it and shut the door. The first thing that I learned was that My desk felt pretty empty without the Keyboard and mouse there. Also, the 23 inch monitor and fairly decent sound system / speakers were just taking up space. The next thing that I realized was that all my storage was still sitting in my computer, which now lived in the closet. That also made me realize that I used that home computer for iTunes, specifically for managing my music, movies and backups. The final thing that surfaced was when I needed to print something. The USB cable for the printer was just dangling next to the desk, not connected to anything. I found solutions for each one of these things. I'll outline them in separate blogs so that I can concentrate on each one: 1. Monitor / Speakers 2. iTunes 3. Storage 4. Printer

No comments:

Post a Comment