Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My journey into the The Post PC Era: Introduction

In one of his keynote speeches, Mr Steve Jobs was presenting the the iPad. He mentioned a 'Post PC Era' where people would no longer have the need for a personal computer. He said that tablets and mobile devices will take the place of the home computer. I remember when he said this, and it was a VERY powerful statement. I'm the proud owner of the iPad 2 and an iPhone 4 I have been using them increasingly more and more, and I found myself using my home computer less and less. There were some routine tasks that I still ran to the computer for, but for the most part I could leave my home PC turned off. I had a guest at my house recently and I was talking about my struggle to justify upgrading to a more recent PC. They quickly replied with "let me know when you get rid of your old one, I'll take it". This sparked a crazy thought in my head. I thought to myself, I'll just sell my old PC and take it from there. The thought stuck. Days later I shut down my old tower and began the learning experience of what I needed to do to take the plunge into the 'Post PC Era'. The next few blogs will cover this step by step and tell you exactly what I did to accomplish this. It will cover the hurdles and learning experiences along the way. I'll get into as much detail as I possibly can, and even post part numbers if I am able. To sum it up, my goal is to get by using my iPad and iPhone only. No more personal computer for me. Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment