Friday, July 24, 2015

94 Mustang GT: Dynamod TFI

I bought the dynamod TFI module and installed it before heading to Mustang Week.  The one that came out had no issues at all - a stock motorcraft TFI that I had taken off of a foxbody distributor and modified to fit the heat sync.  After taking it for a test drive I noticed a stumble between 4-5k RPM WOT.  I didn't want to swap it while I was in MW, but I did when I got back.  Stumble went away.  So that motorcraft TFI is staying in there.  I have another stock fox distributor with a known good TFI (tested it on my car by stuffing the distributor in the fender well and plugging it in), so that will be the spare.

That Dynamod TFI is now in the hands of USPS on the way back to summit.  One more thing - Summit wouldn't help me out with the 25$ shipping and handling I spent - so I have to eat that.  For comparision - Amazon has a ZERO questions asked full refund if you buy anything via Prime.  If I can shop via Amazon, that's where I'm going.


Update:  I have since learned that there was a hypertech chip installed in the T4M0 computer.  This could have something to do with the incompatibility of the TFI.  Also, I learned that the 94 is an ICCD (increased computer controlled dwell), so the 'increased dwell' that the dynamod TFI offers may not be for 94/95 since the computer controls it.  More info in my blog post about TFI.

No comments:

Post a Comment