Wednesday, July 22, 2015

94 Mustang GT: Redline Hood Struts

I had a bad experience a while ago where a gust of wind grabbed my hood while it was open and nearly smashed my windshield.  If it wasn't for the wiper stoping the hood, it would have been a much more horrible experience, especially with a convertible!  Luckily I was left with just a gouge in my hood to remind me that hood props hold the hood up, but don't prevent it from going further!  

At Mustang Week, Redline offers some good discounts - you can't find them at a better price.  I picked up a set for my 94 GT and for my 03 Cobra.  I decided to practice on the 94 first.  The instructions that come with the struts are in depth, with pictures, and perfect.  For this reason, I'm not doing a write up on this install.  The instructions made the install go VERY well.  One more thing to mention is the correct tools.  Instructions did call for a #11 index drill bit - which I borrowed from a friend.  


Pic of the hood open!


Pay no mind to the beyond dirty engine bay.  It will get addressed when the engine is replaced this winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment