Monday, May 16, 2016

94 Mustang GT: Moates Quarterhorse and Binary Editor - T4M2 by Decipha

Before I go any further, I want to give credit where credit is due.  I have been absolutely devouring the knowledge base located at info.efidynotuning.com.  efidynotuning.com is a site / forum created by decipha and it is an absolute wealth of knowledge on tuning efi.  From that site I have downloaded the free T4M2 calibration and made the required changes as described on that page.  For some reason I have yet to figure out, I'm not able get the car to a warm stable idle with that calibration.  I believe my issue lies in the dashpot, as it seems that the bottom falls out as it idles down and just stalls.  I know that it's not an issue with the T4M2 base calibration, because it is widely used.  It's some value in the calibration that needs to change for my particular car / application.  I'll eventually figure it out!

The T4M0 calibration works just fine.  In that calibration I have the changes for the 90mm F150 MAF, the Siemens Deka 60lb / hr injectors and changes to cubic inches for the 306.  I also made changes to turn off EGR and thermactor, and fan temps.  Using T4M2 as a reference, and per the advice on efidynotuning.com, I have simplified the spark tables to use only borderline, scaled RPM and Load functions and increased spark by 6 degrees for the GT40 heads.    I also made changes to the MAF transfer to start to dial in fuel by using Lambda - Lambse + KAMRF = Error %.  In this calibration, perload is still inferred load and that will definitely need to change to perload = 0.

I'm going to start over with the T4M2 calibration / changes.  Maybe there is something I missed or some typo thats causing me the grief with that calibration.

No comments:

Post a Comment