Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Jersey Shore Festival note to our Venom Crew!

Hello everyone!

The Jersey shore festival is going to be a great time.  I grew up in Toms River and spent a good bit of time in Seaside growing up.  I'll try and share some insights!

I know this goes without saying, please use your best judgement.  I know from experience that Toms River and Seaside law enforcement has ZERO tolerance for shenanigans.  Some of my friends that I grew up with work there, and they are good people!  However, they won't hesitate to hand out a citation.  This includes noise pollution from loud stereos!  I'm sure it will be very crowded, so please stay alert!  We don't want to make the news for any of the wrong reasons.

For those staying at the island beach motor lodge, Bum Rogers is just about across the street.  The restaurant has decent food (there are better restaurants in the area if you're looking for an elegant dining experience) and the prices at the bar are reasonable.

PJ already mentioned the 7-11 that is close to the hotel.  There's also a nicer CVS located near the bridge.  Closer to Ortley beach (Ortley plaza) is an Acme grocery store and a spirits unlimited.  Seaside liquors is another place to get your beer / wine / liquor.

The Saw Mill - I think we are all going to meet here at one point - has excellent pizza and food.  There's also a bar here.  Steaks unlimited and midway steak house are a few of my other favorites to get a bite.  There are plenty of other places along the boards to grab some food on the run.  I've had some of the best funnel cakes and zeppoles from places along the boards.

If you want to head into Toms River, there are a few places to mention.  Naples pizza on Fisher Blvd has GREAT pizza / food.  The Shop Rite on Fisher blvd is also really nice and would have anything you need.  Across the street from Shop Rite is a car wash (I worked here at one point, they do good work!) and another spirits unlimited, with a pretty good selection and decent prices.

As I think of more, I'll get this updated!



No comments:

Post a Comment